Tuesday, April 15, 2008

School Girls, Miley Cyrus, and Salvation

In our house we pray a lot for Miley and the Jonas Brothers. Having worked in Hollywood myself, my daughter is aware of the pressures those who profess Christ surely face. We pray Miley and the Brothers will be able to maintain their walk with the Lord and prove to be a true disciples of Christ. Wouldn't it be great if it was Miley who helped out in getting American Idol to sing "Shout to the Lord?" We pray also that they would be more outspoken in calling kids to not worship them, but worship Christ.
This brings me to my topic--kids and salvation. I read a post today on Pulpit Magazine Blog. Please go there. Our kids need to know that being a Christian is a road of persecution. If you stand for truth you will pay the price. Jesus said "count the cost." I wonder how many parents truly lay out the cost of discipleship before letting their 4-year-old run down an aisle and jump in the pastor's arms. I wonder how many kids are prepared for the difficulties that lie ahead. I thank God for Miley and the Jonas Brothers and their ability to draw kids, but let's not forget to tell our children that their popularity--if they are truly saved--is an exception rather than the rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home