Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving-The Lord is Always Good

From “The Loveliness of Christ” by Samuel Rutherford 9562h

“Because I am his own (God be thanked) he may use me as he pleaseth.”

“… God be thanked, I gave nothing for Christ; and now I protest, before men and angels, Christ cannot be exchanged; Christ cannot be sold, Christ cannot be weighed.”

“If there were ten thousand, thousand millions of worlds, and as many heavens full of men and angels, Christ would not be pinched to supply all our wants, and to fill us all.”

“I am in as sweet communion with Christ as a poor sinner can be; and am only pained that he hath much beauty and fairness, and I little love; he great power and mercy, and I little faith; he much light, and I bleared eyes.”

“Acquaint yourself with Christ’s love, and ye shall not miss to find new goldmines and treasures in Christ.”

“His ‘well done’ is worth a shipful of good days and earthly honours.”

“I know no sweeter way to heaven, than through free grace and hard trials together, and none of these cannot well want another.”

“No pen, no words, no image can express to you the loveliness of my only, only Lord Jesus.”

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day,
pdb

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home